Saturday, October 8, 2011

June 17, 2011 Our Separate Ways/Last Day of Study Abroad Together!

It's our last day together.  We're all leaving different times.  Victoria left last week because she's doing an intensive Japanese program in San Francisco, Kenwood left because of family, and the rest of us hung out one last time but then Michelle left in the afternoon to fly back home.  I was leaving to go stay at one of my mom's best friend's home.  We got some 떡볶이 ddeokbokki/spicy rice cakes (which were so good but they made these really hot that I almost cried) and then did 노래방 karaoke one last time which was EPIC!!  It made it even harder to say goodbye.  We sang "Soulja Boy" and it was so funny.  We had no idea what the lyrics were at first that after we sang them, we thought, "Oh!  So that's what they're saying!"  We've gotten so close and created so many memories together.  Before, none of us knew each other very well and now it's a different story.  Before we went to 노래방 karaoke, Juni ran into this clown who wanted to have a rock, paper, scissors contest with him.  Funny thing, Juni won every single time and whoever won, the loser has to fan them.  So the clown got really sweaty.  Michelle left to go to the airport and I packed up and took a cab to the CBS news station where I would meet my mom's best friend from high school. 



It was scary to be by myself again but I made it to the news station fine.  I waited in the lobby for someone to find me.  I thought it was my mom's best friend but it was one of the secretaries.  She took me up to where she was.  It's kind of funny, I thought the secretary was my mom's best friend, she's very young, and so I was like, "wow!"  but then I met 재원 Jaewon who looks more like my mom's age.  재원 Jaewon had to do some work before she could leave but she knew I was going into broadcasting so she let me sit in on a talk show and a radio recording.  I really wanted to do this when I got to Korea; do something relating to my major while I'm there.  The practices are still the same over there which I thought was nice.  The only difference is language haha.  After she took me to her home in 평창 Pyeongchang in 서울 Seoul which is a very nice and rich area because of all the greenery and privacy.  We took my stuff to their apartment.  There I met her husband and son.  They helped me get settled in.  They're so nice and hospitable.  We met her youngest daughter 수경 Sookyung at a restaurant for dinner.  She's so sweet and darling.  What a beautfiul young girl.  It's still a challenge to only think in Korean again but it's good.  I feel more prepared and that I can converse more.  It's not perfect but I can tell a big improvement ever since I got to Korea.


CBS Studio


CBS Radio




No comments:

Post a Comment