Thursday, July 7, 2011

May 22, 2011 Laundry and Ramen with Cheese

Since it was Sunday, we attended church and chilled for the day.  Today was the first day I had to do laundry.  When I was staying at a relative's house, they graciously did my laundry.  Also, for the first load while I've been here in 김해 Gimhae, there's a lady that does laundry quick, well, and cheap so I've been giving my stuff to her along with the other students.  But now we have a little tub and detergent so now we have been doing our laundry.  Although doing my laundry, cost effectively, is cheaper, I don't do nearly as good of a job as the laundry lady.  I have clothes  such as outerwear/sweatpants that if they attract any smell, are really hard to get the smell out of.  The laundry lady is amazing; I don't know how she gets the smell out of them. 



Since we're low on groceries, we had ramen noodles for dinner.  And no, we didn't have the nasty ones that you buy in grocery stores in America.   Korean ramen noodles are so much better.  We don't know why but it is.  It's tastier.  You can find them in any Asian market.  As we were about to eat, Kenwood put cheese and 김 dried seaweed (kim) in his ramen.  He told us it was really good so we tried it.  HE WAS RIGHT!  Who would have thought cheese in ramen would be so good!  We used white cheese slices.  Koreans are putting cheese in more things now like 떡볶이 spicy rice cakes (duck-boh-gi), 돈까스 Japanese pork cutlet (dohn-ga-seh) and other things.  It's funny, cheese mixed with Asian food (especially Korean) isn't that common and so it was different seeing it on menus.  Asians are generally lactose in tolerant but now I think that gene isn't passing on as much because they can consume more amounts of dairy now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment